MYSORE PALCE

MYSORE PALCE

Tuesday 29 March 2016

FIRST MEETING WITH THE CHAOTIC CHANDNI CHOWK

Hey Everybody! 

CHAOTIC STREETS
I hope everyone is doing amazing. I'm here to enlighten you guys about the Moonlit Square, or Chandni Chowk as it is popularly known. But before I do any of that, I would like to begin by telling you about my first brush with this confusing yet fascinating place. 

NIGHT SCENE
Okay I have to admit before I begin:- I heard a lot of good things about Chandni Chowk. But when I reached here I was immediately thrown into chaos. Chaos which was present as soon as I got off the metro. My very first impression was not good, it wasn't good at all. 
 I was absolutely taken aback by the narrowness of the lanes and the amount of people which were present in them. The shadiness of some of the back lanes and the people who sat there (more so because I lost my way in between and also because I'm a girl). But after all the confusion finally settled in my brain, I started to make sense of the narrow 'roads' and decided to head over to the famous Paranthe Waali Gali and put its name to the test. Turns out I actually loved the food and that made me want to explore more of the famous food culture of Chandni Chowk. My new found hunger lead me to Natraj dhai bhalle waale and the next thing I tried (and loved) was the aaloo chaat (which was probably the best I've had in all of Delhi till now). Since I'm one of those people who has a small appetite I decided to end my very short food journey after that and decided to head back home and collect myself as to how I really felt about this place. 
So to end, yes I was confused, scared, probably felt claustrophobic (for the first time in my life), but I absolutely loved Chandni Chowk and I found out for myself why people spoke so highly about it. I discovered an important part of Delhi and I loved it (eventually :P).
See yaa❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment