MYSORE PALCE

MYSORE PALCE

Sunday 28 February 2016

Swatch



Hey Everybody!
I hope you guys are doing well. I’m back again with another swatch to show you guys. I really hope you’ve been liking my work with the previous swatches and I hope you guys try it out for yourselves (trust me, its fun and the end product can be really satisfying :D).



This swatch is different than the previous ones. The materials vary and in my opinion, this swatch is the prettiest I’ve made (till now :P).
To begin with, the base of the swatch has been made with hi density thermacol (for which I’ve spent hours searching
L) which has been reinforced with sunboard (for support) (and thermacol because it provides for a soft yet steady surface for the board-pins). The thermacol has then been covered with a dull golden fabric (because brown sounds too mainstream :P). The motif (or design) has been done using golden board pins (caution!-sharp). The reason I’ve used golden board pins is to explore different materials (firstly) and also because gold signifies royalty. The motif has been derived from stained glass work. Black anchor threads have been used intricately (in the portions where black can be seen, obviously :P). Usually, in stained glass windows, the outlining of the content is done in black but in my motif, it has been done the other way around (because I wanted to :P).
Hope you guys love this swatch. I’ve planned many more for you so please don’t get bored just yet :P.
See ya! :D 
Author:Dhruvi Gupta

Final Swatch using stained glass motif

No comments:

Post a Comment