MYSORE PALCE

MYSORE PALCE

Thursday 4 February 2016

THE JOURNEY OF WODEYAR DYNASTY

ROYAL FAMILY OF WODEYAR
Hello again lovelies (ew, I mean okay, y’all must be lovely but that word gets to me weirdly). I’m back and for those who missed me. πŸ˜πŸ™ˆ
So today I’ll be giving you a short history lesson (I hated history as a kid and I’m guessing you guys did too) (Dear god, this is going to be hypocritical L)πŸ˜“
Without further ado lets begin.




The Mysore Palace was the palace of the Wodayer dynasty and in the beginning it was nothing more than a bastion( Basically a military structure).
KING WODEYAR1️⃣
The Palace was originally built out of wood in 1897 (remember the year for the surprise pop quiz :P). But it had to be rebuilt in 1912 because of a fire that took place in the February of 1897. The fire took place during the marriage of Princess Jayalakshmammanniyavaru (Damn, the saas must have had a field day memorizing that nameπŸ€”)(And also, who names their child something like that unless you really wanted kids to pick on them in school?).
The Maharani, after this sordid incident learnt her lesson to not have her next palace made out of flammable materials like wood and immediately started the process of looking at blueprints of many architects. But the blueprint presented by Henry Irwin was the one which she liked the most and so Henry Irwin is known to us as the architect of the Mysore Palace (I mean, Duh?😐). The new palace was made on the foundation of the old palace and was completed within 8 months of the fire (It would take at least 3 years minimum to get any building constructed today I guess?). The palace which is seen to us today is probably the fourth generation of the palatial structure.
So, I decided to keep this history lesson short, as promised (I always keep my promises okay?). Also, what good is it going to be to me by burdening your young heads with all the extra knowledge anyways?
I’ll be leaving you now, do miss me or you know whats coming your way πŸ˜Ž
Peace!πŸ’•
(P.S: there is no surprise pop quiz, although you can ask for one if you want πŸ˜‚)
(referencing:http://www.mysorepalace.gov.in/)

1 comment:

  1. SIMII- Add boards, write the author, very beautiful layout, caption all the pictures and very good content.

    ReplyDelete